Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I have spent half of my time this spring break looking all over town for employment and the other half I have dedicated to serving lunch at the homeless shelter.
I don’t mind spending my time doing good things in the community like helping others at all. Monday the 24th I volunteered at OTC with the Hope Connection, it is a program geared to help the homeless in any way possible through the Burrell Center. They team up with most of the key facilities in Springfield so that the homeless can try to find housing, food, get identification, medical services and much more. City Utilities showed up as well as Habitat for Humanity to lend a helping hand. The Convoy of Hope provided non-perishable food items as well as bread. Six Area churches showed up to provide those little scripture pamphlets and prayer. People showed up from all over to volunteer to help these less fortunate people and I was just glad that I was able to be a part of that, because it makes me feel so good (plus I got a cool t-shirt).
The thing that has been bothering me is these interviews I’ve been having, it’s just too much drama for me. I saw a flyer hanging up at OTC for a place called Vector and so I called and talked to some rep for the company and they set up an interview with me for three o’clock that same day. I went and filled out the application but even upon entering the building they were in I started to wonder if I even wanted to work there. (I mean I might not be able to explain things to my audience in a way to make them feel like they are in the room with me but I think you’ll get the gist.) So I’m looking around and this guy is giving me some info on the history of the business, things like how large their average sales are and what kind of benefits they offer. Still all while he was talking to me I kept looking around at the condition of the building they were in and the paint peeling off the walls and all of a sudden, my spider sense started tingling. (You know that feeling you get that tells you you’re being set up for a fall).

No comments:

Post a Comment