Monday, April 6, 2009

Sometimes my friends and I will come up with an uncommonly used word and make it our word for the day. Sometimes we will play games to make the school day a little more interesting, like offering ten points for every successful use of the word in a sentence. Then at the end of the day we would make the guy with the least amount of points pay for lunch or beers. Sometimes it would be something like rigmarole or erroneous and other times it would be something like jabberwocky or fiddlesticks. I think that it is a very healthy thing to be able to entertain yourself and those who constantly need to be stimulated by an outside source are lacking in their connection with their inner child. I set out each day with the mindset to not even worry about the day before and to not become burdened by the things that I don’t have. I try not to think about what others may think of me and concentrate on being satisfied with my life as it stands right now. That doesn’t mean I don’t want to do better but it does mean that I am not in a constant state of misery because I can’t seem to see past what I don’t have. So today’s word of the day is touché, and it might just make you laugh if you used it and nobody knew you were playing you own little game. So why don’t you try it for yourself reader, and lighten up your mood, no matter how stressful things can become. Tomorrow’s word for the day is Hobson’s choice, go ahead and look it up, you might just learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment